On the 24th of April 2016 we participated on a smoothie contest in Tallinn. And we won 3rd position! We had a blast making it in front of everyone and we were so happy that one Spanish-ish recipe won an award.
After some careful consideration, we decided to share the armastus with you and to publish the recipe which won us such a great price and the praises on some of the jury members.
So, here’s the winning recipe. Enjoy!
Ingredients. Makes 6 servings:
- 500gr of very ripe, very red tomatoes.
- 500gr of very ripe, very red strawberries.
- 75gr of cucumber, peeled, deseeded.
- 75gr of red bell pepper
- 50ml of extra virgin olive oil.
- 50ml of apple cider vinegar.
- 1 garlic clove, around 5gr.
- 8-10 peppermint leaves.
- 3 basil leaves.
- 1 pinch of salt, to taste.
- 1 pinch of freshly ground pepper
In a blender, place the garlic, salt, pepper, paprika, basil, peppermint and cucumber and blend for around a minute, until the garlic is properly blended.
After this, place the tomatoes and the strawberries. Once you have a great texture -about a minute-, add the extra virgin olive oil and the apple cider vinegar.
Taste for saltiness and you are done!